Your Right to Privacy
How Is Information Collected
Capital Bank collects non public personal information about you, including but not limited to name, address, phone number, and social security number, from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
What Information Is Collected And Shared
The types of information Capital Bank collects and shares depends on the products or services you have with us. Information is collected to enable us to conduct the operations of the bank, such as approving new accounts or loans, communicating the status of your accounts to you, and satisfying government and legal requirements. Federal and State laws give you the right to limit some but not all sharing. Capital Bank does not disclose nonpublic personal information about customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law. Capital Bank will disclose nonpublic personal information in the following circumstances:
- The information is provided to help complete a customer initiated transaction
- The customer has requested the disclosure
- The disclosure is required by/or allowed by law (e.g. investigation of fraudulent activity)
- The customer has been informed about the possibility of such disclosure through a prior communication and is given the opportunity to decline (i.e. opt out)
Capital Bank does not sell any customer information.
Protecting Your Information
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Maintaining Customer Privacy in Business Relationships with Third Parties
From time to time, Capital Bank contracts with outside vendors and other business partners to perform specific services for the Bank. When doing so, Capital Bank selects business partners and vendors that adhere to similar privacy standards as those of the Bank. We expect that our business partners and vendors will honor and safeguard any information regarding a Capital Bank customer.
Capital Bank will notify you about our information sharing practices when you first establish your account, and each year while you are a customer.